History – Mission – Vision
The Humane Society of Charlotte is working with you to create a world where there are no more homeless and unwanted animals. For every animal adopted, another animal comes in.
The Humane Society of Charlotte is a private, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization supported by the generosity of many animal lovers, grants, bequests and fees for services.
The Humane Society of Charlotte is a community resource committed to improving the lives of companion animals through adoption, spay/neuter and education.
For all companion animals to one day live in a community full of care and compassion without the threat of being unwanted.
• The Humane Society of Charlotte was founded in 1978.
• The first shelter was located on Commonwealth Avenue (1979-1980).
• The second shelter was located off Old Pineville Road (1981-1993).
• The third and present shelter is located at 2700 Toomey Avenue, the former Charlotte/Mecklenburg Animal Shelter.
• The Humane Society of Charlotte Spay/Neuter Clinic opened in 1982 and was the first low-cost spay/neuter clinic in the Southeast.
Facts, Statistics, Statements:
HSC Animal Welfare Statements – click here
HSC Annual Animal Statistics for 2016 – click here
HSC Fast Facts – click here
HSC Annual Report 2015 – click here
Our shelter is located at:
Humane Society of Charlotte
2700 Toomey Avenue
Charlotte, NC 28203