HSC’s Adoption Center is NOW OPEN daily from 11AM-5PM.
Thank you for choosing to open your home to one of our adoptable animals! Bringing a new animal into your home is an exciting opportunity for you, your family, and the pet you choose. Please review our adoption philosophy and resources to ensure you are prepared to begin the search and ultimately bring your new pet home.
You must be 18 or older to adopt and have a valid form of identification.
The Humane Society of Charlotte believes in a no-fault return. If you are unable to keep your animal, that is OK. We want both you and the animal to be successful. We ask that you email email@example.com and we will set up an appointment for the animal to return to our care.
We encourage all interested adopters to come prepared to take their new pet home. You will need the following:
- The person adopting must be at least 18 years of age or older
- A valid form of photo identification (Driver’s License, passport, etc.)
- Any member of your family that will participate in the adoption decision (i.e. significant other, parent, children, etc.)
- A valid form of payment- cash or credit card
- Verify with your landlord/HOA if there are any pet restrictions you need to know.
- If you see a particular animal you would like to meet, read their profile to make sure there are no additional items or steps you need to take in order to meet them.
If you or your new pet are having troubling adjusting to the change, please reach out. We are here to help! You can call our shelter’s main line or email our onsite behavior team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adoption fees are based on a number of factors such as age, size, breed, and temperament. We have a variable fee structure— this is to ensure that we create a financial legacy for those animals in our care who are in need of expensive lifesaving medical and behavioral intervention. Our adoption fees alone will not cover the cost associated with caring for our animals. It is through the generous support of the community that we are able to continue our lifesaving work and place more pets in homes each year. Please consider making an additional donation at the time of your adoption to support our life-saving work.
Each animal’s adoption fee is located under its individual profile.
Our basic adoption includes a medical and behavior evaluation, spay/neuter surgery, all initial vaccinations, deworming and parasite prevention, a microchip that includes lost pet services, and pet insurance options.
Humane Society of Charlotte offers 10% discounts on all adoptions and services to seniors age 65 and older and to all military. Must show ID/Military ID.