Pet Pal Patch Program
The Humane Society of Charlotte is pleased to offer the Pet Pal Patch Program! Scout troops are welcome to visit our Animal Resource Center to learn about the mission and work of HSC. The scouts will learn things like how to be safe around animals, how to properly care for a pet, the importance of having proper identification on pets, and many other ways to be a pet advocate.
The Program consists of a 90-minute workshop that includes a tour, interactive lesson, and cat visit. Upon registration and payment, the group leader will receive a pdf download of service activities for the group to do on their own before or after the workshop. At the end of the workshop, each scout will receive a HSC patch to show their commitment to helping animals and being a pal to all pets!
Group leaders may choose from the following topics for the workshop: Petcare 101, Breed ID, Safety Around Animals, Community Service and Advocacy (special requests accepted).
The cost is $10 per scout for programs scheduled during the week (Monday-Friday) and $12 per scout for programs on Saturday or Sunday.
If you would like to do more, your troop may add a group volunteering opportunity. This will come with an additional fee or the donation of supplies.
Ready to get started? Fill out our interest form here: https://forms.gle/4U9BQsNN71wQ8VZa6
- Due to the number of program requests we receive, requests need to be made at least one month in advance.
- Our programs are designed to be presented to one class-sized group at a time (No more than 12 scouts).
- Optional group volunteering add-on will consist of creating enrichment items for our animals or a special project based on HSC needs. Can be added to the end of the program, extending it an extra 30 minutes, or completed at a later date.
- ONLY the scouts working on their badges and their leaders can attend. No more than 2 chaperones per group.
- Please be aware and understanding of the need to restrict where and when animals make appearances. The well-being of our animals is very important.
- We offer a full refund for cancellations made at least 3 weeks in advance. No refunds available for cancellations less than 3 weeks before your scheduled date.
- Thank you again for all your efforts on behalf of the animals at the Humane Society of Charlotte.
Is there an age limit?
- This is a youth program designed for scout programs and serves ages K-12. We cannot accommodate preschool ages at this time.
What do we bring?
- Just yourselves! If you have held a donation drive or made items from the activity booklet, please bring those at the time of your program.
Do we have to wear masks?
- Masks are optional at this time, however our policies are subject to change.
Will we get to pet animals?
- It is our aim to have animal interaction within each workshop. However, we cannot guarantee participants will be able to directly interact with a dog or cat. That is based on volunteer and animal availability, as well as the well-being of our animals. We reserve the right to stop any animal interaction at any time due to health or safety concerns.
Why is there a cost?
- The program fee covers the expenses of resources, staff time and HSC patch. It also provides a small source of revenue for the Humane Society of Charlotte, a non-profit organization that depends on donations to operate.
- Please contact Taylor Lunsford, Youth Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org