The Humane Society of Charlotte has been providing spay/neuter services in Charlotte since 1982. The HSC Spay/Neuter Clinic was the first low-cost clinic in the Southeast offering high-quality, affordable surgeries. Spaying or neutering your pet and ensuring their vaccinations are up to date is not only good for your pets and your family but also creates a healthier community for everyone here in Charlotte.
Pets 7 years of age and older require additional bloodwork at a rate of $60 to ensure the safety and health of your pet during surgery.
Spay/Neuter Surgery Pricing
- Dog Spay (Female): $95*
- Dog Neuter (Male): $75*
- Cat Spay (Female): $55
- Cat Neuter (Male): $40
- Umbilical Hernias: add $25
- TNR Cats Spay/Neuter: $25
Dogs 50-75 lbs., add an additional $15. Dogs 75lbs. and up, add on an additional $30.
Prices subject to change.
Spay/Neuter surgery pricing includes 3 days of take-home pain medication for dogs. Cats will receive an injection of a long-acting pain medication that can last up to 72 hours.
Additional Services: Available to clients on the day of scheduled surgery. Pricing reflects 2022 price changes.
- Microchip: $20
- 1-Year Rabies Vaccine: $15
- 3-Year Rabies Vaccine (must have proof of prior rabies vaccination): $15
- Canine Distemper/Parvo Vaccine (DHPP): $15
- Canine Bordetella Vaccine (Kennel Cough): $15
- Canine Leptospirosis Vaccine: $15
- Canine Heartworm Testing: $25
- Feline Distemper Vaccine (FVRCP): $15
- Feline Leukemia Vaccine: $15
- Feline Leukemia and FIV Test: $25
- Nail Trimming* $5
- Deworming: $7 – $11 (based on weight)
- Rear Detached Dewclaw Removal: $20-$40*
*These services are available during surgery only.
Prices are subject to change.
Financial assistance may be available. Please book your appointment by phone if assistance is needed. HSC offers 10% discounts on all adoptions and services to seniors age 65 and older and to all military. Must show identification.
*A $25 non-refundable deposit will be collected at the time of scheduling your appointment. This $25 will be credited towards the cost of your pet’s surgery. Failure to keep the appointment will result in this deposit becoming a donation to the Humane Society of Charlotte.
Appointment Check-In for Surgery:
Dogs & Cats: 8:00 am
Appointment Pick Up from Surgery:
Cats: 3:00 pm
Dogs: 3:30 pm
*The HSC Spay/Neuter Clinic closes at 4:00 pm
Post-Surgery Care Instructions for Your Pet: Click below to download our guides on post-surgery care.