What To Expect
Thank you for choosing to open your home to one of our adoptable animals! Bringing a new animal into your home is an exciting opportunity for you, your family, and the pet you choose. Adoptable animals are available to meet 7 days-a-week during the following hours:
Sunday: 12pm – 4pm
Monday – Thursday: 11am – 6pm
Friday: 11am – 7pm
Saturday: 11am – 6pm
We encourage all interested adopters to come prepared to take their new pet home. Adopters must be at least 18 years of age or older and will need the following:
- A valid form of photo identification (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- A valid form of payment- cash or credit card
Before you arrive at the Humane Society of Charlotte, make sure to:
- Verify with your landlord/HOA if there are any pet restrictions you need to know.
- If you see a particular animal you would like to meet, read their profile to make sure there are no additional items or steps you need to take in order to meet them.
HSC adoption fees are based on a number of factors such as animal, breed, size, and temperament. Our variable fee structure ensures that we create a financial legacy for those animals in our care who are in need of expensive, life-saving medical and behavioral intervention. Our adoption fees include the following services prior to adoption:
What’s included in an HSC adoption fee?
- Spay/Neuter surgery: $40-$125
- Microchip: $20
- Vaccinations: $15-$60
- Medical Treatment: $200 -$400
- Physical Exams: $ 45-55
- Flea/Tick Treatment: $50-$100
- Heartworm Preventative: $50-$100
- FeLV Testing (Cats): $25
- Dewormer: $5-$15
- Heartworm Testing: $25
- Heartworm Treatment (if needed): $500 – $1,000
- Cost of Care by Average Length of Stay: $100 per day
If you or your new pet are having trouble adjusting to the change, please reach out. We are here to help! You can call our shelter’s main line or email our onsite behavior team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to view our available animals? Click HERE.