Please call our shelter to schedule an appointment if you are unable to drop off donations outside of these hours.
Thank you for choosing to purchase and donate items for our shelter programs to ensure our animals receive the best possible care while they are receiving our services! Once you open our Amazon Wish List, you will see that it is organized into 6 groupings. Those groupings are as follows:
1. Food supplies
2. Enrichment supplies
3. Medical supplies
4. Foster supplies
5. Cleaning supplies
6. Animal care and outreach supplies
Each department has sincere needs so be sure to check out the whole list to see what you can contribute to helping us achieve our mission! If you have some of these items already and would like to donate them please stop by our Donation Drive-Thru, Saturdays from 10 am-12 pm.
Thank you again for choosing to support the Humane Society of Charlotte!
Check out all the various ways we utilize these precious donations at HSC by following our YouTube channel.
We are regularly in need of the following items. Please note specifications for particular items to expedite their use.
- Paper towels
- Liquid laundry detergent/liquid Bleach – any brand
- Martingale style collars
- Fancy Feast Pate (chicken/beef/turkey)
- Nitrile exam gloves (all sizes)
- Dog and cat toys – New/Gently used. We do not give cloth toys to our animals
- Dog and cat treats – Nudges, Pupperoni and training treats are most beneficial
- Creamy peanut butter – please read the label as we cannot accept peanut butter with Xylitol
- Kong/indestructible toys
- Cat Litter
- Fine point Sharpies
- Expo Markers
- Tall trash bags
- 55-gallon trash bags
- Gallon sized Ziplock bags
- Dry dog/cat kibble – any brand
- New and gently used pet crates and carriers – We are unable to use items that are rusted or have any broken pieces.
- Karunda beds
- Waterproof pet blanket donation
We Are Not Currently in need of:
- Pet Clothes
- Pet Beds
- Dog leashes, harnesses
- Pet Bandanas
- Prescription Pet Food
- Pet Food Bowl Raisers
- Pet Ramps
- Pet Steps
- Pet Grooming Supplies
- Doggie Waste pick up bags (poop bags)
- Dry Dog Food
Thank you for thinking of us, be we do not accept the following items.
- Retractable leashes
- Raw food
- Comforters, or woven blankets
- Fitted Sheets
- Carpet squares
- Dirty litter boxes, litter Scoops
- Ferret, Hamster, or other exotic pet housing, food, bedding, etc.
- Controlled substance medications
In addition to in-kind donations, we also greatly appreciate any monetary contributions you can provide. The Humane Society of Charlotte is not affiliated with a national organization, nor do we receive any funding from the city or county governments. We rely on generous donations from our supporters. Your gift supports the animals in our community and saves lives.