February 20, 2023
Student Service Day
UPDATE: This event is SOLD OUT. Check back for additional opportunities.
On Monday, February 20th, children ages 8 and up are welcome to HSC for our Student Service Day!
Volunteer with us and earn service hours! Students will learn empathy and compassion and put it into practice with activities like enrichment building, cleaning, animal time, and other projects as needed. Registration is limited so please sign-up for this opportunity to help out at HSC!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will students get to play with animals?
- We will reserve some time for animal interaction so students may connect to the animals their service is benefitting the most! However, we reserve the right to limit or stop animal interaction based on behavior and safety.
Why is there a cost?
- Putting on a youth event takes planning, resources, and staff. As a non-profit, your registration fee goes into covering some of the time and resources it takes to put on an event and also goes to benefit the mission and work of HSC helping the animals.
What do students need to wear and bring?
- Students need to wear long pants, closed-toe shoes, and may bring a water bottle.
Is this for children only or can parents come?
- This is for student participants only. While they will be supervised by an adult, it is important they feel responsible and are able to work independently. Parents/guardians will pick up and drop off their student(s) and is a great time to get some errands done or enjoy a couple hours to themselves!
What is the refund policy?
- If you need to cancel for any reason, refunds are available up to 3 weeks in advance. After 3 weeks, we cannot offer refunds.
Can we bring donations to the Student Service Day?
- Of course! We will gladly accept any donations you or your students collect or buy. Please see our wish list for current needs. Donations are greatly appreciated and may be accepted as additional service hours (see our Student Service Hours page: Student Service Hours - Humane Society of Charlotte )
Other questions or concerns? Please email Taylor Lunsford, Youth Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org