February 18, 2024
Canine Good Citizen Preparation Group Class
Would you like your dog to be a Canine Good Citizen?
Join our American Kennel Club (AKC) Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Preparation Group Class to fine tune your handling skills and your dog’s responses! These classes meet for one hour, once a week for five weeks. Group classes are intended for friendly, healthy dogs that are at least six months old.
What are the benefits of a Canine Good Citizen certificate?
- Build upon your training knowledge and strengthen the bond with your dog.
- Demonstrate that you and your dog have a commitment to being good community stewards.
- Build your dog’s resume! This may assist with landlord and leasing negotiations and insurance policies.
- Get a jump on the steps to prepare you and your dog for therapy work. Who wouldn’t want to bring joy, learning and connection to others?
If you have questions about where to start, please contact email@example.com.
This comprehensive program covers:
- Socialization: We will practice controlled interactions with other dogs and people to enhance social skills and impulse control.
- Leash Manners: Throughout a variety of exercises, we will promote loose leash walking through obstacles and around people.
- Practical Application: We will place learned skills into real-world scenarios and address common challenges with added distraction.
While our 5-week class integrates the Canine Good Citizen evaluation into its curriculum, we understand that some dogs may already possess the necessary skills! Join us for the evaluation-only option to showcase your dog’s abilities without the full course commitment.
Class Dates: February 18th, February 25th, and March 3rd, March 10th, and March 17th (3/17 at 10:00am - Evaluation)