Pet Crisis Support
The Humane Society of Charlotte’s Community Outreach Team works to assist pets and people in our community by providing services to those in need. If you are experiencing a need for pet crisis support, please reach out to our team at 980-313-4472 or email@example.com to see what resources we have available.
HSC’s Support Services include:
- HSC Pet Food Bank
- Low-Cost Essential Care Wellness Clinic
- Low-Cost Spay & Neuter Clinic
- Emergency Medical Support
- Housing Support
- Behavior & Training Support
Services may be limited due to available funding and supplies.
Learn more about our available resources at our Pet Crisis Support FAQs
Note: Our Outreach Team operates on a Tuesday-Saturday schedule and is often out of office assisting citizens in need. Due to the high volume of requests, a member of our Outreach Team will reach out to you within 48 business hours. If you are in need of financial assistance for veterinary care, please click here to learn more about available resources.
Unfortunately, we are not able to act as a 24-hour pet helpline. If you are experiencing an animal-related emergency, please dial 311. Examples of these emergencies could include, but are not limited to:
- Animal found severely injured
- Suspicion of abuse or neglect
- Animals left in hot or cold cars
Humane Society of Charlotte Community Outreach & Pet Crisis Support FAQs
What services can HSC provide to those experiencing financial difficulties with their pet?
HSC’s Outreach programs exist to help pets and people stay together during times of crisis and financial uncertainty. Below is a list of HSC Outreach programs and support services:
- Pet Food Bank: This program provides free pet food and supply deliveries to those in need of support. To fill out a client information form please click here or contact our Outreach team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (704) 494-7718.
- Low Cost Clinic: HSC offers low cost spay and neuter surgeries and low cost vaccinations to publicly owned pets by appointment. To schedule an appointment, please click here or call the clinic at 704.333.4130. Further financial assistance with clinic services may be available with the support of HSC funds.
- Emergency Medical Support: HSC has a limited amount of funding that may be available to assist pets with emergency medical support. Each situation is carefully considered. For more information on qualifications for pet medical assistance, please contact email@example.com or call 704.377.0524×223. Additionally, HSC has created a list of resources veterinary financial resources that can be found here.
- Behavior & Training: HSC offers low cost training classes to help pet owners work through behavior and training issues they may be experiencing. For more information, please click here. Financial assistance with behavior and training may be available with the support of HSC funds.
- Housing Support: When funding is available, HSC can assist citizens with pet deposits on a case-by case basis. For more information on qualifications for pet deposit assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704.377.0524×223. Additionally, HSC has created a list of housing resources available to pet owners that can be found here (and here in Spanish). This list includes pet-friendly apartments, hotels and websites designed for locating pet-friendly housing.
What adjustments did HSC make to Outreach programs to ensure the safety of staff, volunteers, and the public during COVID-19?
HSC shifted the Pet Food Bank, previously held at the shelter, to contactless deliveries of pet food and pet supplies. In addition, our Community Outreach team is working with HSC’s Clinic Services team and local veterinary hospitals to facilitate drive-up spay/neuter and vaccination appointments, curbside veterinary care, and drive-up vaccination clinics.
How do I sign up for HSC’s Pet Food Bank Program?
Citizens can either fill out the information form online and email the completed form to email@example.com OR they can call 704.494.7718 and leave a message stating they are in need of pet food assistance. Our Outreach team will respond to their message within 48 hours to set up a delivery.
How do I contact HSC about their Outreach programs and support services?
Citizens can contact our Outreach team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 704.377.0524×223.
How soon will HSC’s Outreach team respond to a citizen in need?
Our Outreach team operates on a Tuesday-Saturday schedule and is often out of office assisting citizens in need. Due to the high volume of requests, your email/call will be returned within 48 hours.
How is HSC able to provide these Outreach programs and support services to the public?
All Outreach efforts are donor and grant funded. Due to this, HSC is only able to provide Outreach services as supplies and funding are available.
How do I make a donation of food or supplies to support pets and people in need of help?
Citizens wanting to make a donation to pets and people in need can utilize our Amazon Wish list which will send items directly to the shelter. Donations of pet food and supplies can also be made at our shelter entrance (1348 Parker Drive) in the blue donation bin.
What items are people/pets most in need of?
Items most in need are dry dog and cat food, wet dog and cat food, dog and cat treats and cat litter.
How do I make a monetary donation? What would my donation cover? (Note: All monetary donations are made as general HSC donations).
To make a monetary donation, you can visit our donation link. Your donation can help pets and people in our community in so many ways! Here are just a few:
- $25 will feed 2 dogs for a month or 3 cats for a month.
- $50 will provide food, toys and flea and tick medication for 2 pets in our community.
- $100 will cover the cost of one spay/neuter surgery for a pet in need.
- $200 will cover the initial medical visit for a sick pet.
- $250 will provide training and behavior advice to pet owners at risk of surrendering a pet OR will cover a pet deposit, allowing the pet to stay with their owner during a transitional time.
Other questions? Contact our Outreach team at email@example.com or 704.377.0524×223.