Field Trip to HSC
You are invited to visit the Humane Society of Charlotte’s Animal Resource Center! Join us for an engaging 90-minute experience including an educational program and behind the scenes tour for students in K-12th grades. Programs are designed to help cultivate empathy, compassion and increase the understanding of personal responsibility for animals and people.
Teachers may choose from the following topics for the program: Petcare 101, Breed ID, Safety Around Animals, Community Service and Advocacy (special requests accepted).
The cost is tiered based on how many students are in your class.
$100 for 1-15 students
$150 for 16-25 students*
*If you have more than 25 students in your class, please reach out about scheduling and pricing.
Field trips are offered Monday-Friday 10-4pm.
Interested? Fill out a program request form here: https://forms.gle/chFsgWWxG8nkh5mr6
- Due to the number of program requests we receive, requests need to be made at least one month in advance.
- Our programs are designed to be presented to one class at a time (No more than 25 students).
- We maintain a 12 to 1 student to adult ratio. Each class must have one teacher or chaperone per 12 students.
- Please be aware and understanding of the need to restrict where and when animals make appearances. The well-being of our animals is very important.
- We offer a full refund for cancellations made at least 3 weeks in advance. No refunds available for cancellations less than 3 weeks before your scheduled date.
- Thank you again for all your efforts on behalf of the animals at the Humane Society of Charlotte.
What do we bring?
- Just yourselves! If you have held a donation drive or made items from the activity booklet, please bring those at the time of your program.
Do we have to wear masks?
- Masks are optional at this time, however our policies are subject to change.
Will we get to pet animals?
- It is our aim to have animal interaction within each program. However, we cannot guarantee participants will be able to directly interact with a dog or cat. That is based on volunteer and animal availability, as well as the well-being of our animals. We reserve the right to stop any animal interaction at any time due to health or safety concerns.
Why is there a cost?
- The program fee covers the expenses of resources, staff time and HSC patch. It also provides a small source of revenue for the Humane Society of Charlotte, a non-profit organization that depends on donations to operate.
- Please contact Taylor Lunsford, Youth Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org