Schedule a virtual classroom visit with HSC and some of our animals. Our Youth Programs Manager will join your class via zoom to present on a topic of your choosing. Learn about careers in animal welfare, how to safely approach and interact with dogs, community cats, or even request a virtual storytime for your students! Contact Shelley to learn how we can customize our presentation to exactly what you and your students are currently learning!
Visits are $50 each, sponsorships available!
Looking for a virtual field trip? Book a personal, private shelter tour today! This is a great option for scout groups, classrooms, and families. Learn more about HSC and get a behind the scenes look at all that we do. You’ll get to virtually meet HSC staff and the animals in our care.
Virtual tours are free, schedule yours today!
Read to an Animal
Did you know that reading to cats and dogs can help to decrease their stress levels? Interested in reading to one of our dogs or cats yourself? Schedule a personal virtual reading session with one of our dogs or cats! Reading aloud has been proven to improve student’s reading fluency. Personal storytime sessions benefit animals and students at the same time!
- Humane Movie Review: Become a critical viewer and watch a movie of your choosing using a humane education lens. Click here.
- Story Writing: Use this Story Map Writing Graphic Organizer and writing prompts to stretch your imagination and flex those literary muscles.
- Coloring Sheets: Practice those fine motor skills and let your inner artist out with these fun and informative coloring sheets. Click here or here.
- STEM Worksheets: Practice basic math and learn about canine safety with this fun worksheet! Click here For a fun activity book about pet needs and safety, click here.
- Red Rover’s Website: An interactive & bilingual digital book series to teach kids about empathy. (Also available as an app on your smartphone!) Click here.
Interested in learning more about our virtual programming? Email our Youth Programs Manager at email@example.com to learn more!