February 18, 2024
“Welcome Home, Margot Flamingo” – Book Reading and Signing with Jennifer Horner
Join children's author Jennifer Horner as she reads her heartwarming book, "Welcome Home, Margot Flamingo."
"Welcome Home, Margot Flamingo" is more than a children’s picture book—it's a tool for families and educators to teach the lessons needed to build a lasting bond with a new friend: patience, empathy,
understanding, and love.
This story supports children learning how to interact with pets while also guiding parents and educators to teach these important life lessons.
Children will learn:
- The importance of preparing their home for a pet to feel safe and welcomed.
- How to recognize important cues from a dog's body language to help them
better understand how a dog may be feeling.
- An introduction into positive reinforcement training that they can help with.
- To practice empathy—seeing the world through the eyes of their pet.
- That caring for and training their dog isn’t just for grown ups!
Meet Jennifer at the Humane Society of Charlotte (HSC) for a fun reading and book signing! Every book sold will directly benefit the animals at HSC, making it a chance to nurture both literary and furry friends.
Don't miss this enriching experience for the whole family!