Adopting a Cat at HSC
Thank you for your interest in the beautiful felines that we have at the Humane Society of Charlotte. If you see a cat or kitten that you are interested in, please visit us at our 2700 Toomey Avenue shelter (open daily 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.) and our HSC Petco Adoption Center in Huntersville – click here for directions (open daily 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
Our Adoption Fees:
Kittens – Under 5 months – $140 / 5 months and older – $100
Cats – over 6 months of age: $100
Once you’ve decided that you’d like to adopt a cat, you will want to research just the right cat for you, your family and your circumstances – take a look at the information below. We hope it is helpful as you proceed with adoption:
- Visit the Humane Society of Charlotte to meet all of our kittens and cats at our HSC Kitty Korner.
- Find a cat that is compatible with you, your home and your lifestyle – now and in the future.
- Spend quality time interacting with the feline you’d like to adopt. Many times an animal’s behavior is different when away from other animals or in a kennel. The animal displaying bad manners or not paying attention may just be scared and lonely!
You’ll also want to commit to being a responsible cat owner. This will include:
- Lavishing the necessary time and love on your feline.
- Understanding the financial commitment involved.
- Providing the necessary medical care and exercise for your cat.
- Training to ensure good behavior and manners.
Behavior & Training Program
A well-mannered canine member of the family is a superdog!!! Want to learn more? Click here!