We Bring Youth Programs to You!
The Humane Society of Charlotte will enhance your classroom experience with our animal and compassion-based curriculum. We can customize our presentation to incorporate the lessons you’re currently teaching.
Visits are $50. Sponsorships are available.
- Small and large group lessons available
- All lessons tied to Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and the North Carolina Standard Course of Study (NCSCOS) curriculum.
- Lessons designed to help students to help build character, kindness, and animal knowledge.
- How HSC Saves Lives via Spaying and Neutering
- The Importance of Vaccinating & Microchipping Pets
- Pet Care Basics
- Careers Working with Animals
- Safety for Pets and People
- Empathy and Social & Emotional Learning with Pets
- HSC Community Outreach: How You Can Become Involved!
- Types of Organizations that Help Animals:
- What they do.
- How they are different.
- Why each is important.
- Anti-bullying and Animals
- How Animal Shelters use Statistics to Save Lives: Math is more fun when each number represents a wet nose!
Once we return to in-person learning, we will collaborate with therapy dog groups to let children explore hands-on learning.
Classroom Visits are offered Monday-Friday 9 am -4:30pm
Request Your Classroom Visit Today!
Email Shelley Lyttle, Youth Programs Manager or call 704-494-7710 for more information.
“Shelley was the perfect match for our virtual visit with the Humane Society! She engaged our students in learning about social cues of dogs that can help us interpret how they are feeling, helping the students develop a greater sense of empathy. She also did a masterful job tying in our novel that we had just completed, Because of Winn Dixie, with the theme of empathy. It was just the right balance of learning, connecting, and sharing!”
~Amy Ballaban, 4th Grade Teacher at Charlotte Latin