With Hurricane Ian heading towards the Carolinas, it's more important than ever to have an emergency kit for your pets.
Don't wait - gather the members of your household (two-legged and four-legged) and walk through the following steps to ensure your animals will be well cared for in the event of an emergency.
Prepare a pet supply kit. Your kit should include the following, as best as you’re able:
- Vet records including rabies and vaccination records
- Medications and prescriptions
- Food as well bowls for food and water
- Leash and collar
- Name tag on your pet's collar with identifying information should your pet get away from you
- Carrier (for cats or small dogs)
- A few small toys
- Pet waste bags
- Pet bed or blankets
- Dog crate, if possible